Fee Schedule Depends on Many Variables
Paypal Note: Must be issued as a gift not a service or there is a processing fee.
Credit or debit charges are .03% processing fee.
This is no time to seek a bargain inspector. A thorough home inspection is very hard work. We spend anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours+ on a home inspection. Then an additional 2 to 3 hours are spent in the office compiling the inspection report. My clients deserve the best and most thorough inspection process and report writing! Regardless of the age of the home you are considering, it’s advised to have a Professional Home Inspection. It’s a small investment to avoid costly problems later. I provide a comprehensive and unbiased analysis of the home’s major systems. Plain and simple, we have saved our clients thousands of dollars in repairs. The cost of the inspection is based on:
- Square footage of the home or building
- Foundation type and material makeup of the home: Crawlspace, Slab, Basement, Brick, Hardboard, Vinyl Cladding, (Garages, Decks (types), Porches (types), etc.)
- Age and location of the home
- Amount of time spent on site performing the inspection due to conditions and specific inspections being performed or reported on
- The time and thoroughness of the report—inspections and report writing are time consuming processes
- Up to 2000 sq. ft. — Starting at $375.00
- 2001 to 2500 sq. ft. — Starting at $395.00
- 2501 to 3000 sq. ft. — Starting at $400.00
- Over 3000 sq. ft.* —Starting at $425.00
- Over 4000 sq. ft.* — $495 – $550
- OVER 5000 sq.ft.-Starting at $575.00
- OVER 6000 sq.ft Starting at $650.00
- Condos Inside and Out: CALL FOR QUOTE — Starting at $350.00
*Add 12 cents for each additional square foot. Additional fee for units 20 years and older. Additional fee for units 50 years and older. Actual fee determined when appointment is made. Fee is based on house size, age, and location.
These prices are competitive, but can fluctuate depending on several factors such as decks, porches, sunrooms, screened porches, patios, retaining walls, and/or the general material make-up of the home.
Inspection Prices are based on the following factors: square footage of the home and the age and location. Homes in distress (foreclosures, HUD homes, etc.) are subject to an additional $25-$50.00 fee. Square footage is calculated based on the total square footage area of the home, including the garage.
* Tri-County reserves the right to charge an additional fee for foreclosures, HUD properties, investment properties, rentals, de-winterizing, and homes in distress. We must be notified of these conditions when scheduling the inspection. Foreclosure, investment property, rental, and/or distressed property could result in an additional fee.
Additional Trips & Re-Inspections
Agents and buyers please be advised: If I perform a scheduled inspection and have to return to the property for any reason to finish the inspection, another $50-$75.00 is applied on top of the original fee. Returning to the same property twice costs time and prevents me from earning compensation or doing business elsewhere.
The base price for Re-Inspections is $195.00 for the 1st hour (or part of), plus $50.00 for each additional hour. Report writing is included. Additional charges may apply depending on distance.
Detached structures can be inspected per request at an additional fee, which would depend on the size, condition, and function of the structure. I must be made aware of any detached building prior to arrival.
Consulting Fee: $195.00 per hour.
Please call Tri-County Inspection for estimated cost at 704-728-9610.
I encourage the client to attend at least a portion of the inspection so that questions can be fully answered and explained. I feel this is a helpful and will certainly complement the inspection.
Tri-County does not disclose any information or release copies without the expressed consent of the client or their representative. We don’t share your personal information; your inspection report is not public. Your information is secure with Tri-County Inspection.
We have a full list of personal and business references available upon request. Your satisfaction is guaranteed when we inspect a home, or you receive your money back.
Tri-County Inspection knows the best real estate agents around, and we can provide referrals when necessary. Ask how to receive a $100.00 Lowe’s Home Store gift card for using my preferred agents.